Friday, April 28, 2006

Women for Women.

I feel better. I have sponsored a woman through this program.

After seeing Oprah this week, and increasingly hearing about this in the news, on the internet, etc. you can't say you don't know this is going on. What strikes me is that as sit here at my computer, in my comfy home, well fed, and feeling safe, there are people on the other side of the world who are in a complete opposite situation.

If you saw the Oprah episode this week, the Invisible Children hit me hard. It makes me so sad.

I'm not usually involved in social activism such as this, but I haven't been able to put it out of my mind this week.

Been super busy lately. (what else is new?) I'll to catch up on blogging this weekend...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, amelia, did you know i sponsor two women via womenforwomen? oprah made me do it, too, but it was about a year ago.
just signed up for the second right before teno was born. i felt if my family was growing, i should reach out, too.
good for you. you won't be sorry.

Just Say Julie said...

the invisible children rip out my heart....Uganda and the Sudan.....it is just incomprehensible!

Briana said...

Julie had something on her blog about this too. I'm almost glad I missed it. I know I would have been bawling my eyes out!!! Good for you to do something about it!