Sunday, November 19, 2006

refreshed, reenergized, re-TIRED.

Gosh, my stamina is definitely not up to where it usually is... at 36.5 weeks pregnant I guess I shouldn't expect more... this weekend Mike and I were fortunate enough to be able to go downtown and spend a night there, see the Michigan Ave. lighting festivities, shop, eat out, relax and SLEEP until NINE. I can't even remember the last time I allowed myself to sleep that late. I woke up with so much energy, ready to go. Then it seemed by about 3pm I was ready for a nap... Jack not so much. He figured he only needed a 20 minute nap. So... about the time I was ready to go back to bed, he was ready to pretend he didn't need sleep and BOY was he acting off. For the first time he called me stupid and continue to make bad choices about his behavior(hitting, throwing stuff, etc). Even time-out, which always works, did not work. He refused to apologize after a couple time-outs, and kept testing the "stupid" thing. I was at my wit's end, and tired myself so I probably was not handling it with the calmest demeanor. He finally got himself together long enough to demand fruit snacks. I told him if he helped me switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and pick up his toys he could have some. He didn't like that answer but when I ignored him and starting doing the laundry he came over and helped, then ran to his toys and picked them all up. He got fruit snacks and he was a happy camper...

So now I am really ready for bed. The funny thing is that I usually don't sleep well in hotel rooms, but I slept like a rock most of the night (aside from my usual 4:00-5:30ish insomnia bout) and the bed was comfy and room (we had a king!)

No comments: