Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can.

This kind of has a two fold meaning for our family over the last couple days.

First, we really excited that we have new leadership in our country and I'm really impressed with classiness and composure of our new first family. I just have a good feeling about it all. I hope I am not wrong. I am hopeful and so far like his approach on dealing with the crises. I feel like there is a plan in place, and he's honest in telling us the real deal. Yes we can.

The other big news in our family is we are officially binky free! (Jess- are you reading? It can be done!) It actually wasn't a pleasant goodbye, but it worked. We hadn't been planning on getting rid of the binkies... we were just hoping Charlie would decide to throw his away like Jack did. However... our stubborn little 2 year old called Mike's bluff and when Mike threatened to throw his binkies out if he didn't apologize to his brother for biting him. Charlie's response: "NO!"... so out the door went a binky, right into the snow bank. Mike asked again if he wanted to lose another binky and Charlie said no. But, he refused to apologize. And so out went another binky...
Now this wasn't done without much drama and crying but eventually Charlie had no more binkies and so when it came to bedtime he said "Daddy throw binky out" and that was the end of it. He woke up about 3:30 last night and asked "where my binky at?" and I told him remember Daddy threw them out? And he said, "ok"... and so tonight we're on night 2 of no binky. No drama at bedtime and I didn't mention it..... Kind of sad, in a way. My baby boy is growing up. But, secretly I am excited not to have to keep track of those anymore!! So can we be a binky-free family? Yes we can.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Unbelievable Amy!! Isn't it wonderful to have a binky free home now, congratulations :)