So you want the good news or the bad news?
Life is a roller coaster, that's for sure.
Last night we received an email from our principal that she has accepted another position in a district closer to her home. She is my all time favorite prinicipal, EVER. I am so fortunate to have worked with her for the last 2 years and learned a lot from her both personally and professionally. The reason why I transferred to this school was because of her, and I am so sad that she is leaving. Her new school has no idea how lucky they are. I'm happy for her, sad for our school.
So as I'm thinking about this, and being very sad, I read another email. On a whim I decided to try out for the 3 Scrappy Boys Design Team and I made it! I was honestly and completely shocked. Every since I left Scrap Addict I was feeling a void, creatively. I wasn't making time to do creative things and really appreciate the deadlines and team comraderie that I had at Scrap Addict. I was craving that experience again, but felt I had lost my mojo in the scrapping world. I have been observing and lurking on Cindy's site for a few months now and really liked what I saw. I had considered approaching her, asking her if she would be expanding her design team any time soon, but never did. So when the call went out for designers I went for it. I haven't put anything together for a scrappin' resume for a long time, so it took some careful thought and I emailed Cindy 6 of my favorite layouts. I was thrilled when I got the email last night accepting me as one of the new Design Team Members. I am excited about the opportunity at 3 Scrappy Boys and thrilled that I'll be working with the #1 Scrapbooking Kit website on the Internet!
So what is it about life? It's like for every up you have a down and the other way around. I guess it all evens out in the end, and that's fine by me!

3 comments:
Well done
Congrats!! Welcome to the 3SB team!!
that's awesome, ame! you deserve it!
and i get it about your principal. i'd so looked forward to working with karen when i went to THT, then she was gone in a year.
Post a Comment