Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's the most... wonderful time... of the year?



Really?

It's not so bad.

Although I did have to brave Costco on Friday and Jewel yesterday. Ick, ick, triple ick. And I took Charlie to Costco (where his car seat and the diaper bag too up half the cart already) and Jack to Jewel yesterday... (Yes, I only take them stores that start the same letter as their first name...) and it was a complete madhouse at each store. Long lines, carts bumping in to each other everywhere, out of stock on certain items....

And both times the boys were great and so well behaved. Now Charlie, I expect that from. Jack... it only took one package of fruit snacks to bribe him to be a good boy. But I'm not sure I even needed it. I was using positive reinforcement. (SuperNanny would probably call it something like "the Fruit Snack Technique"...) He was happy singing the Christmas Carols with the supermarket Musak and looking for balloons with Mickey Mouse on it.

Today, Christmas Eve, my inlaws are coming over. We're having some snacks here and just hanging out... tomorrow we'll go to their house to open some gifts and eat, then to some extended family's homes for more food and festivities. Pretty low key, not a lot of travel... my kind of holiday!

Let's hope Santa remembers the train that Jack has asked for every day for the last month or so...

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: