and so it begins again...
... I was hopeful. Charlie didn't have the terrible eczema that Jack had as a baby. He doesn't spit up even a tenth of what Jack did. He's sleeping from 8-6 (well he has 4 times anyway) and is generally just a great, laid back little guy.
Then. He got sick.
He's still pretty laid back and mellow. But, he started out with a a little cough yesterday and today ended up losing his voice. Imagine watching your baby scream, knowing how loud it usually is, and hearing nothing. It's very odd. It's like someone hit a mute button on him. But then I started to worry a bit. I could see he had trouble breathing he wasn't eating hardly anything, so we called the ped. I talked to the nurse, I followed her instructions (continue the feeding in the steamy bathroom) and noticed that his stomach was retracting, so I called back and made an appt for him to get his lungs checked. Sure enough, he walked out of there with his first neb. treatment under his belt at the ripe old age of 10 weeks.
So now Charlie gets his own little stash of albuterol, half the size of Jack's. He gets to endure the little nebulizer machine just like his big brother.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't start the same pattern.

No comments:
Post a Comment